Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dlink 坐地起价!!!

Having just visited Sitex 2008, I came back with a bunch of brochures. Interestingly, as I was clearing out my old stuff, I found a copy of D-Link's Sitex 2007 brochure (ONE year ago), and to my amazement, discovered that prices have not dropped much, but instead has increased for the DIR-655 router!

Look here: The DIR-655 is selling for $175 (show price).

Then take a look at the brochure below, from this year's exhibition: The DIR-655 is going for $225 (show price), and $189 (trade-in price), which is even MORE EXPENSIVE than last year!
Hmm, well, I'd expect D-Link to tell me the hardware has been upgraded, etc, leading to better performance, blah, but seriously, this is the exact same router, the same features!

Bad D-Link marketing ...

No comments: